Located off a decrepit alley near a spice souk is this beautiful madrasa. The school for the Koranic religion was commissioned by a sultan from the Banū Marīn dynasty. His name was Abū Sa’īd Uthmān II and he reigned over Morocco from 1310 to 1331. In the courtyard is a masterpiece of architecture, with its mosaic ornate tiles, carved cedar wood and marble columns. In front of these arches (not in picture) is a checkerboard tile floor and fountain.