Lutheran Church of Valparaíso in Valparaíso, Chile - Encircle Photos

Lutheran Church of Valparaíso in Valparaíso, Chile

A population of German immigrants who were attracted to Valparaíso’s prosperous seaport grew on Concepción Hill during the early 19th century. Their first attempt to establish an Evangelical Lutheran church in 1867 soon dissolved. However, in 1897, they finished building La Santa Cruz. It is historical significant as South America’s first Protestant church with a bell tower.

VIEW MAP

Abtao 689 Cerro Concepción, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile

Directions

Share this Photo