Grenada attracts boats of all sizes, from cruise ships to small fishing boats. So, it is surprising to learn about the dearth of lighthouses on the island. The first was a small beacon built on Fort George at the end of the 19th century. It has been inactive since 2017. The second was installed at Pointe Saline in 1904. After the 18 foot lighthouse was decommissioned in the 1980s, it was moved to the airport for ornamentation. Prickly Point Lighthouse is the only active navigation aid. The 98 foot, green tower is installed at the tip of Lance aux Epines Peninsula. The lighthouse is privately owned and not open to tourists.