Johann Gregor Lesmüller opened the Engel pharmacy in 1818. The business remained in the family until sold in 1917 by his son, Max Lesmüller. The Lesmueller Haus building still displays the original gilded bas-relief of an angel holding the Rod of Asclepius. The staff with a single, intertwined serpent was carried by the Greek god of healing and medicine. Engel Apotheke is still operational.