It seems fitting the architect used for the prison would also be commissioned to create the adjoining Dunedin Law Courts. The styles employed by John Campbell are very different yet equally impressive. This magnificent edifice has a Victorian Gothic design. In the upper right corner in a niche within the central tower is a statue of Justice without a blindfold. The courthouse opened in 1902. Since a seven-year refurbishment project ended in 2016, this property radiates in the sunlight. The Law Courts justifiably is designated as a New Zealand Historic Place.