Prince William Street was the first in the country to be designated a National Historic Site of Canada. There are a dozen structures along this four-block route dating from the late 19th century and a few from the early 20th century. The most interesting section is from Princess Street (location of Old City Hall) to Duke Street (site of high school in next photo). Especially noteworthy are the Old Post Office (1881) and the Bank of New Brunswick (1879). Shown here (right to left) are the Troop Building (1883), Vroom and Arnold Building (1881), Seamen’s Mission (1908) and Postal Station A (1915).