This kayaker on the Great Harbor Canal is staring at the Christinae Kyrka clock tower. When finished in 1748, it was named in honor of Queen Christina. She was Sweden’s queen from 1632 until 1654. The yellow building on the right is the German Church’s sanctuary. The neighboring building on the left along Norra Hamngatan or North Harbour Street was built in 1753. The Sahlgrenska House was the private residence of Brigitta Sahlgren. She owned a huge sugary refinery and shipping business.