The center jewel of Rice Park in downtown St. Paul is Landmark Center. This was originally the Federal Court House and Post Office. The magnificent façade of pink granite ashlar accented with green conical turrets, a red tile roof and center clock tower was designed by Willoughby J. Edbrooke. When he died before the project was completed in 1902, local architect Cass Glibert became the supervisor while simultaneously working on the Minnesota State Capitol. The style is Richardsonian Romanesque. It was popularized in the mid-19th century by the short yet illustrious career of Boston architect Henry Hobson Richardson. After this magnificent structure was renovated in the 1970s, it reopened in 1978 as Landmark Center. Tenants include cultural groups and art galleries. Free public tours are available of this U.S. National Register of Historic Places site.