Sea captains have been aided by a lighthouse at the Port of Málaga since 1717. A century later, it was replaced with La Farola de Málaga. This means The Lamp of Málaga. The light suffered from an earthquake in 1884, was heavily damaged during the Spanish Civil War (1936 – 1939) and has been pummeled by countless storms. Each time La Farola was repaired or rebuilt. This beloved, 108 foot icon of the city punctuates Muelle Uno. It is also near Muelle de Levante, the main cruise ship terminal.