Kristiansand Cathedral in Kristiansand, Norway

The Kristiansand Domkirke is the city’s fourth cathedral since 1682 when it became a diocese and the seat of Bishop of Agder. After its predecessor burned down in 1880, this neo-gothic church was built five years later using stone. As a result, it survived a city-wide fire in 1892 and an artillery attack by the Germans in 1940. The original design of Kristiansand Domkirke by Henrik Thrap-Meyer accommodated over 2,000 people.

VIEW MAP

Gyldenløves gate 9, 4611 Kristiansand, Norway

Directions

Share this Photo