Soon after this pink, Rocco-style palace was built in Old Town Square in 1765, it was purchased by Štěpán Kinský from the House of Kinský. These nobles were princes during the Habsburg Monarchy (1526 – 1804). In 1949, Kinský Palace was acquired by National Gallery. Since it was established in 1796, Národní Galerie has become the country’s largest art museum. Their vast collection is housed in nine buildings around Prague. Each location displays a different period or genre of art. Inside the former Kinský Palace is a collection of Asian and African art.