This red, sandstone pedestrian bridge arches over the River Kelvin as it flows through Kelvingrove Park. The 85 acre, tree-lined park was designed in 1852 by gardener Sir Joseph Paxton. It has hosted the Glaswegian Exhibition in 1888, the Glasgow International Exhibition in 1901 and the Scottish Exhibition ten years later. The greenspace is popular among Glaswegians, students attending nearby University of Glasgow and tourists visiting Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. It is also home to abundant wildlife.