This equestrian monument is a tribute to Justo José de Urquiza. He was a statesman and general best known for overthrowing dictator Juan Manuel de Rosas at the Battle of Caseros in 1852. Then, as the Director of the Argentine Confederation, he instituted a new constitution for the country. Urquiza was assassinated in 1870. The bronze sculpture by Renzo Baldi and Héctor Rocha was erected in 1958.