John’s Lane Church in Dublin, Ireland - Encircle Photos

9 John’s Lane Church in Dublin, Ireland

The formal name of this 19th century, French Gothic building by architects Edwin Welby Pugin and William Hague is St. Augustine & St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. Most people call it John’s Lane Church. Decorating Dublin’s tallest bell tower at 223 feet are a dozen sculptures by James Pearse. John’s Lane Church stands on the site of a former hospital and monastery founded by a Norman in 1182 and run by Augustinian friars.

VIEW MAP

94-96 Thomas St, Merchants Quay, Dublin, CHY 7182, Ireland

Directions

Share this Photo