From the Lincoln’s Rock lookout is a vista of the dense green Jamison Valley and Creek. This landscape is 2.5 miles long and 6.2 miles wide. They were named by Lachlan Macquarie, the Governor of New South Wales from 1810 to 1821, as a tribute to John Jamison. Jamison was a Royal Navy physician who served on the famous HMS Agamemnon under the command of Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson. After arriving in New South Wales in 1814, Jamison became a significant land owner and the country’s first titled free settler.