This sandstone building was the New Club when it was built in 1879. In 1981, it was renamed the James Sellars House in honor of its architect. Sellars became a prolific architect in Glasgow after his career was launched for designing St Andrew’s Halls. In 1888, he died of blood poisoning at the age of 45 after stepping on a rusty nail during construction of the Glasgow International Exhibition. These allegories over the arched entrance were sculpted by William Mossman II. This is now an office building named after its address at 144 West George Street.