The Hotel Russell was ultra lavish when the Frederick Hotels Company opened it in 1898. The building is constructed with terracotta called thé-au-lait. This means tea with milk. Across the façade are coats of arms of every nation existing during the Victoria Era. The Hotel Russell was designed by Charles Fitzoy Doll, a prolific hotel architect. He also created the dining room for the RMS Titanic. Above the entrance are statues of Queens Victoria, Elizabeth, Anne and Mary sculpted by Henry Charles Fehr. In 2017, this landmark reopened as The Principal London, a five-star hotel.