On the corner of E and Sixth Streets in Grants Pass is a mural recreating the Hotel Josephine constructed in 1893. In 1925, it was renamed the Redwoods Hotel. Fifty years later, the historic property was torn down. This is the right detail of an almost three-dimensional painting by John Michener on the old Redwoods Hotel’s six-floor, concrete addition. The building, which is now mostly an office complex, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.