The Hall of Supreme Harmony stands an impressive 114 feet, the tallest building during the Ming (1368 – 1644) and Qing (1644 – 1912) dynasties. Perched atop a three-tiered marble terrace enhances its majestic presence as the centerpiece of the Outer Court. Originally called Fengtian Palace, this was one of the first structures built at the Forbidden City in 1406. The Hall of Supreme Harmony has been rebuilt several times, the last in 1695 during the reign of Kangxi Emperor (1661 – 1722). It remains the largest wooden structure in China. Accenting Taihe dian are 18 large bronze incense burners (dings). In China, incense is called xiang. Only the most fragrant and expensive foreign incense would please the emperors.