17 Guildhalls on Northeast of Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium

The square called Grand Place became the hub for Brussels’ merchants about ten centuries ago but was completely destroyed by the French in 1695. From the ashes, the local merchants (called guilds) each designed their adjoining buildings. In this photo (left to right), they are the King’s House annex (Chambrette de l’Amman), the Pigeon (painters), Golden Galleon or Sloop (tailors), and the Angel (Abby of Forest). On top in the middle is a statue of Bishop St. Boniface.

VIEW MAP

Grand Place 25, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium

Directions

Share this Photo