Grand Cascade features 64 fountains, 37 Romanesque sculptures, 16 side vases, 29 bas-reliefs plus statues of dolphins, lions, ducks, turtles and frogs. The original collection totaled 225 pieces by six sculptors. The artworks were initially constructed with lead. They were replaced by gilded bronze versions nearly a century later. Prior to the German occupation in 1941, many of the statues were buried around the property. Unfortunately, most of those left unprotected were destroyed or stolen. This exquisite ensemble was painstakingly reproduced from 1947 through 1950. The Grand Cascade is worthy of countless superlatives.