In the early 1920s, the Armstrong-Whitworth Company from England was commissioned by the Newfoundland Power and Paper to build a mill in Corner Brook. To accommodate their senior managers and staff during the large project, they hired Halifax architect Andrew Cobb to design living quarters. This handsome, Tudor Revival guesthouse opened in 1924 with a long list of advanced features rarely seen at the time in Newfoundland. The property is now the highly-rated Glynmill Inn, operated by Steele Hotels. It is named after Sir Glyn West, the former chairman of Armstrong-Whitworth. The half-timber building is designated as a Registered Heritage Structure for its historical and architectural merits.