This is Library Ramp adjacent to the Gibraltar Garrison Library. The military library was founded in 1793. This building opened in 1804 based on the design of Captain Fyers of the Royal Engineers. The primary mission was for training young officers. Yet it grew into an exclusive social club for officers of the British garrison. Since 2011, the reference library has been managed by the Ministry of Culture. The Gibraltar Garrison Library has an extensive collection of over 45,000 books plus every edition of the Gibraltar Chronicle newspaper since its first printing in 1801.