These six gabled houses – Neuer Markt 11 through 16 – were constructed from the Middle Ages through the 19th century. They were rebuilt after being heavily damaged during WWII. The most interesting building along the New Market is Rats Apotheke at Neuer Markt 13. This Town Hall Pharmacy originated in 1260. Back then, the Neuer Markt was also the location of a pillory. Its wooden frame secured a criminal’s head and hands during public humiliation.