The Miami Science Museum was founded in 1949 and was located near downtown on South Miami Avenue in Coconut Grove. In 2017, this became the new headquarters for the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science in Museum Park. The MiaSci contains 250,000 square feet within its three-story, modern design complex. This includes the 500,000 gallon Gulf Stream Tank exhibiting marine life. Miamian Phillip Frost donated $35 million for the project.