Franciscan Monastery Tower in Dubrovnik, Croatia

The Franciscan friars established the Monastery of St. Thomas outside of Dubrovnik’s walls in the Pile area around 1235. When they feared attacked in the early 14th century, they relocated inside the citadel. That structure was lost during an earthquake in 1667 and then reconstructed. This Franciscan Monastery tower is located near Pile Gate at the western edge of Old Town.

VIEW MAP

Placa 2, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Directions

Share this Photo