Piazza Navona was the site of the Stadium of Domitian (Circus Agonalis) dating back to 86 AD. The square’s current rectangular shape was created in the late 15th century. The public space is graced with three fountains. On the north and south end respectively are the Fountain of Neptune (1574) and the Moor Fountain (1575). In the center is Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers) created by Gian Lorenzo Bernini in 1651. The four allegorical sculptures represent the Nile in Egypt, the Danube in Europe, the Rio de la Plata in South America and the Ganges in India and Bangladesh. This detail is the river god Ganges.