Fort of Saint Joseph in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

After admiring the Anton de Montesinos Statue, cross the street named Paseo Presidente Billini to examine the Fort of Saint Joseph. Built in 1505, Fuerte de San José was an early addition to Santo Domingo’s defensive network. The small, rectangular redoubt helped defend the southern flank of the city. Sentries were posted in the corners while protruding cannons aimed toward the river.

VIEW MAP

Fuerte de San Jose, Calle José Gabriel García, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic

Directions

Share this Photo