The former National Bank Limited building on High Street is an architectural delight. The red and white brick façade features pilasters with Corinthian capitals, two bay windows, dormers, and twin turrets topped with a fishscale pattern etched in green copper. The Franco-Flemish Renaissance design was the work of William Batt. This branch office opened in 1897. The banking company was acquired by the Bank of Ireland in 1965.