The first phase of the County Buildings and Courthouse opened in 1844 based on the design by the architect firm of Clarke & Bell. It was expanded several times during the 19th century until it dominated a block of Merchant City. This Greek Revival façade on Wilson Street is most impressive with its six fluted Ionic columns between friezes sculpted by Walter Buchan. After the Glasgow Sherriff Court moved out, this neoclassical building was extensively renovated in 2006. It is now home to the Scottish Youth Theatre, over 60 apartments plus the Citation Taverne and Restaurant.