This neoclassical building was the Caernarvonshire Shire Hall when it was erected along Castle Ditch in 1863. Architect James Thomas specified the four fluted Doric columns holding the pediment accented with a dentil cornice. The statue of blindfolded Justice with a sword and wearing a galea, a Roman soldier’s helmet, was created by Robert Evans. After serving as the county hall, it became the chambers for the Crown and Magistrates Courts. As of this writing, it is unoccupied.