In the northeast corner of the Roman Agora is Fethiye Mosque. This was the site of a Christian basilica from the 8th century. The church was converted into an Islamic mosque in 1458 called the Mosque of the Conquest. The locals called it the Wheat Market Mosque. A replacement was finished in 1670. Over the centuries, the building was repurposed as a Catholic church, a school, a barracks, a bakery and finally a warehouse for artifacts unearthed at the Roman Agora. After a restoration, Fethiye Mosque reopened in 2017 as a museum and exhibition space.