Ex Congreso Nacional in Santiago, Chile - Encircle Photos

31 Ex Congreso Nacional in Santiago, Chile

When this white, neo-classical building with its columned façade opened in 1876, it housed the National Congress of Chile for nearly 100 years until the government was overthrown by dictator Augusto Pinochet in September of 1973. From 1990 through 2006 it was the office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once again it is used by senators and for special congressional events. Ex Congresco Nacional became a National Monument in 1976.

VIEW MAP

Bandera 468, Santiago, Región Metropolitana, Chile

Directions

Share this Photo