The Tredegar House is an impeccable mansion located near Newport, Wales. Llewelyn ap Morgan was the first to live on the grounds early in the 15th century. Little of the original structure remains. The property is dominated by the red brick buildings commissioned by William Morgan. Most were finished by 1672. Three more generations of Morgans enhanced the interior while delighting guests during lavish social events and slowly draining their wealth. In 1951, Tredegar House became a Catholic school. After another 23 years, it was purchased by the city of Newport City Council. In 2011, Tredegar House was leased to the National Trust for Places of Historic Interest and opened as a tourist attraction.