Electoral Palace South Wing in Trier, Germany - Encircle Photos

12 Electoral Palace South Wing in Trier, Germany

When Johann Philip von Walderdorff became the Archbishop-Elector of Trier in 1756, he immediately ordered the building of this south wing of the Electoral Palace for his home. The flamboyant Rococo statues were created by Ferdinand Tietz, an 18th century master sculptor. His work, typically of idealized female forms and mythological creatures, can be found in numerous German palaces, castles and churches.

VIEW MAP

Konstantinpl. 10, 54290, Trier, Germany

Directions

Share this Photo