Eimreiđin Minør in Reykjavík, Iceland

From 1913 until 1928, the Reykjavík Harbour Railway operated to haul rock and gravel from Öskjuhlið to the north coast of Reykjavík to construct breakwaters and a quay for the harbor. The Eimreiđin Minør was one of two steam locomotives that were the workhorses for this project. The Minør was manufactured in 1892 by Jung, a German engine company. The Miner is now on display in an area called the Old Harbour, a booming area for tourism.

VIEW MAP

41 & Austurbakki, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland

Directions

Share this Photo