Across from the Rose Garden is Eduardo Sívori Museum. The gallery is housed in the old El Hostal del Ciervo Café and an adjoining annex. Since beginning in 1938, the municipal art collection has grown to over 4,000 pieces by Argentine artists. The museum’s namesake is Eduardo Sívori. During the height of his career in the late 19th century, he was Argentina’s first realist painter. In 1875, he founded Society for the Promotion of Fine Arts.