The Dubrovnik Cathedral is formerly named the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. This Roman Catholic church was finished in 1713. Surrounding its entrance are four Corinthian columns with pilasters on the second level just below the cornice. The early 18th century may seem old (and it is). However, previous churches were built at this same location during the 7th and 12th centuries.