This exquisite dome and cupola crown the former Presidential Palace in Havana. Architects Carlos Maruri and Paul Belau created this Neoclassical design. Construction commenced in 1913 and ended in 1920. This aligned with the two terms of Mario Menocal. He was the third President of Cuba (1913 – 1921). The interior is as opulent as the exterior, decorated by Tiffany & Company. The last presidential occupant was Fulgencio Batista. He vacated the building on New Year’s Day in 1959. His escape marked victory for the Cuban Revolution.