The French settlers built their first jetty near Jubilee Park shortly after they arrived in 1840. It was replaced with Daly’s Wharf during the early 1860s. The namesake was a merchant who managed a store along the foreshore. The pier was refurbished in 1913 and used primarily by fishing boats until the end of the 20th century. Now the shed with the conical red roof seem to be a beacon for curious tourists and local fishermen. The only major ship served by Daly’s Wharf is the Fox II. This 50 foot ketch, two-masted sailboat built in 1922 offers three-hour dolphin sightseeing cruises around the harbour.