Las Vegas gambling started on Fremont Street in 1905. As it grew, the street was nicknamed “Glitter Gulch” because of its abundance of neon signs. A strip club borrowed the name to become the Girls of Glitter Gulch. In 1980, this neon sign of a cowgirl kicking up her leg was erected on Fremont Street. Her original name was Sassy Sally. In 1994, she was married to Vegas Vic, the 40 foot neon cowboy sign across from her. Sadly, Vegas Vickie was removed during the summer of 2017.