Courtyard of Seminario Conciliar in San Juan, Puerto Rico

This Catholic seminary was founded in 1832 with the mission to educate young men as priests. The Seminario Conciliar de San Ildefonso evolved into a prestigious school for physics and chemistry. Then additional departments were added including literature, mathematics and geometry. After the school moved in 1948, the building was a convent until it closed in 1972. After an extensive renovation, Seminario Conciliar reopened in 1986 as the Center for Advanced Studies of Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.

VIEW MAP

52 Calle del Cristo, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico

Directions

Share this Photo