In the center of Palace of Charles V is a circular, open-air courtyard measuring 98.5 feet wide. The two levels are defined by an impressive colonnade. Inside both arcades are arched doors. The 32 columns on the lower level were made from pudinga stone and have Tuscan capitals. Behind them are circular reliefs of military scenes. On the second floor are Ionic columns crafted from Elvira stone. Construction of the courtyard ended in 1619.