The structure is reminiscent of an ancient Greek or Roman temple with its six Ionic columns, dentil molding around the cornice and huge pediment. It was originally built in 1815 by architect C. F. Hansen as the City Hall and Court. It is now the Copenhagen Court House. In Danish, the inscription reads, “With law the country shall be built.” The quote is credited to Valdemar II. Valdemar the Victorious was king of Denmark from 1202 until 1241.