In 1670, a monastery was formed by Countess Maria Franziska and the boarding school was taught by five nuns. It was burnt down by French troops 19 years later but reestablished at the turn of the 18th century. Over the archway of this building it reads “Jnstitut z HL. Grab” and is dated 1698. Today, it houses the Convent High School of St. Grave which is part of the Archdiocese of Freiburg.