City Hall in George Town, Penang, Malaysia - Encircle Photos

11 City Hall in George Town, Penang, Malaysia

George Town was founded in 1786 and was a British crown colony from 1867 until 1957 when it was granted city status. That is the year when this former Municipal Building, built in 1906, was renamed City Hall. It is located adjacent to its predecessor, the Town Hall, at the Padang parade grounds, also called the Esplanade. This exquisite Edwardian Baroque structure offices the local government for the city of George Town and the Penang Island City Council.

VIEW MAP

Jalan Padang Kota Lama, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Directions

Share this Photo