Occupying Trg Starogradski, which is the largest square in Stari Grad, is the Church of the Holy Trinity. Its gorgeous red and white stone stripes follow a Byzantine design. Crkva Sv Trojice was built in 1804 shortly after the Republic of Venice lost control of the region. Over its door is a mosaic of the Old Orthodox Holy Trinity. Its rose window and three-bell terraced tower faces the Santa Maria in Punta, a church that was constructed nearly 1,000 years earlier but is now mostly in ruins.