Church of St. Andrew and St. Paul in Montreal, Canada

The Presbyterian congregation of St. Andrew’s was established in 1803. St. Paul’s Church was founded in 1832 under the banner of the Canadian Church of Scotland. Both parishes built several churches in Montreal before merging in 1918. Then, they hired architect H. Ross Wiggs to design this Gothic Revival edifice as the combined Church of St. Andrew and St. Paul. On the first Sunday of May, members of The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) conduct their annual march wearing kilts and playing bagpipes. This solemn event is a tribute to those who died in defense of Canada.

VIEW MAP

3415 Redpath St, Montreal, QC H3G 2G2, Canada

Directions

Share this Photo