The early 16th century Church of San Gil and Santa Ana is a superb example of Mudéjar architecture, especially the bell tower. Notice the blue and white, decorative alfiz (rectangular panel) above each of the four-stage arches. The pinnacle is crowned with glazed tiles. This tower was previously the minaret of the Mosque of Almanzra. The brick replacement by Juan Castellar was finished in 1563. Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana is a Roman Catholic church.