The façade of the Church of San Francisco is a masterpiece of Antigüeño Baroque architecture. This was the inspired design of Diego Porras. He was the most talented and prolific architect in the Kingdom of Guatemala during the first half of the 18th century. Among his long list of projects are several of the city’s famous structures. He also introduced the corkscrew-like Solomonic column flanking the entrance. Iglesia de San Francisco was built in 1702. The twin bell towers were added in the 17th century, reconstructed in the 19th century and again in the 1960s.